Friday, March 2, 2012

Writer Inspiration: Storytelling

Though the speaker in this presentation is from the film industry, I found his perspective was not much different from mine about how he relates to and gets a thrill from the story he is creating. What he says about seeing the finished product and being a bit surprised by it resonated with me.

In this presentation, the presenter is asking: Do we write to inspire ourselves?

 It seems to me that maybe we do. I know I certainly fall in love with my heroes often enough to be convinced of it. I certainly create heroines that I admire and would like to emulate. I certainly feel uplifted when my characters and I have reached our happy conclusion.

I hope you find this 15 minute talk inspiring. More I hope this helps each of you appreciates how much of an artist you are as a writer when you create a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment